PC / Mac / Linux
Wintercast is a coming-of-age narrative game. You play as Grey, a young vampire who is forced to flee to safety when a gang hunters destroy your childhood home. The world you live in is at war, and everyone you meet on your journey is trying to get you on side. Do you trust them, or betray them? You're a vampire; you could also just kill them. How you stay safe is up to you. Learn spells, meet liars, pick a side, or play both sides against middle -- the choice is yours.
Sam Ballard started developing Wintercast in 2018 as a passion project on the side. It's based on a comic book he'd written many years earlier -- he whe was still excited by the story, and thought it would be even better as an RPG. Now that it's 2020, Wintercast is Sam's main priority: he's brought on a writer Georgia Iacovou to punch-up the dialogue, and development is going faster that it has ever been.
- Cast magic: type out spells in real time, and combine magic words for unique and surprising effects.
- Manage relationships: you decide who to trust, befriend, or fight. Anyone can be your friend or enemy.
- Story driven: In a land on the brink of civil war you can be the key to peace, or set it up for destruction.
- Your actions have consequences: shape the world around you by interacting with characters and places in different ways.
- Magical world: it's rich with wizards, ghosts and myths.